Dharamsala, November 23
A 3-year-old lady died after consuming a dose of deworming medication on Nationwide Deworming Day in Kangra district, mentioned officers on Wednesday.
The incident occurred on November 21, celebrated as Nationwide Deworming Day.
Deputy Commissioner Dr Nipun Jindal ordered a magisterial inquiry after the incident got here to gentle.
Nipun Jindal mentioned, “The preliminary report that we acquired from the well being authorities says that when the dose was given to the kid, as a substitute of digesting it into the meals pipe, the kid aspirated it and the medication went into the windpipe and the kid died resulting from choking. Aside from this preliminary report, we have now additionally ordered a 3rd celebration magisterial inquiry assigned to the SDM, Palampur. We have now additionally instructed him to finish the inquiry as quickly as doable in order that the true trigger might be revealed.” Additional particulars are awaited.