Plans are within the works to create a community of healthcare clinics aimed toward serving truckers, different vacationers, and people dwelling in rural areas. A part of its monetary backing comes from trucking trade executives.
Interstate Well being Techniques introduced its intent to determine a community of main care, pressing care, and telemedicine companies alongside the nation’s interstate freeway system. This milestone brings the medical companies firm one step nearer to breaking what it calls the long-standing healthcare obstacles confronted by the nation’s 3.5 million skilled truck drivers and introduces a brand new mannequin for serving the healthcare wants of rural Individuals and interstate vacationers.
With its preliminary funding in place, IHS mentioned it is going to start opening 60 clinics over the subsequent two years. Moreover, it is going to ship a expertise platform that integrates with trucking firm platforms and consists of companies corresponding to real-time telemedicine and a unified prescription service community.
The group lately introduced it plans to construct greater than 300 pressing care clinics within the subsequent six years situated close to truck stops and journey facilities serving skilled drivers, the touring public, and the underserved communities dwelling close by. Because of this, the group mentioned it is going to allow extra speedy healthcare entry to 46 million Individuals at present dwelling in medically underserved areas, in addition to 18 million veterans who can now choose their supplier of alternative via the Veterans Group Care program.
The corporate mentioned it has obtained monetary backing from varied personal traders, a lot of who’re veteran transportation and expertise trade executives, together with:
- Rob Estes, CEO, Estes Categorical Strains
- Brad Pinchuk, CEO, Hirschbach Truck Line
- Bob Peterson, Chairman/CEO, Melton Truck Strains
- Gary Enzor, Former Chairman/CEO, High quality Distribution
- Jett McCandless, CEO/Founder, project44
- Ron Rother, Former CEO/Chairman of Try Consulting
- John Larkin, Associate at Clarendon, ex-Stifel
- Chad Eichelberger, President, Reliance Companions, ex-Coyote Logistics
- Tommy Barnes, CRO, MyCarrier, ex- project44 & Coyote Logistics
- Bruce Campbell, Former CEO/Chairman, Ahead Air
- Perry Mandera, CEO/Founder, Customized Corporations
- Fulton Wold, Former CEO/Founder, Daring Planning Applied sciences
“The IHS mannequin is a serious leap ahead in fixing a wide range of healthcare challenges that our skilled drivers face each day,” mentioned Rob Estes, CEO of Estes Categorical Strains. “IHS is supported and suggested by a dynamic group of trucking, healthcare and expertise leaders with the experience wanted to basically redefine the way forward for healthcare in rural America.”
IHS is led by healthcare trade veteran Jeff Seraphine, who’s serving as the corporate’s chief govt officer. Seraphine previously served as chief improvement officer and hospital group president for Lifepoint Well being and has greater than 25 years of hospital and healthcare system govt management expertise.