Subject based mostly in Al Dhale’e, Yemen.
Beginning Date & Preliminary Contract Particulars
Survey implementation: Sunday twenty sixth February 2023 – Thursday thirteenth March 2023.
Survey evaluation and report writing: April or Could / June 2023.
Medair in Yemen is trying to interact the companies of a guide(s) for implementing a large-scale Well being, Vitamin, and WASH Information, Follow and Protection survey in Al Dhale’e in February – March 2023. For visa processing causes, candidates should have Yemeni nationality and be capable to journey to Aden and Dhale’e in Yemen. As well as, Medair can also be on the lookout for a guide(s) to hold out the evaluation and report writing, in April 2023 or (ought to the survey not happen till Could) in Could – June 2023. There are not any nationality or journey necessities for this a part of the consultancy, and this will likely happen remotely. Certified candidates are welcome to use for one or each elements.
The implications of Yemen’s battle embrace the destruction of primary infrastructure, disruption of lifesaving important companies, main displacement, and lack of lives and livelihoods. The Yemeni economic system is on the breaking point and has contracted by about 50 p.c since battle escalated in March 2015. Employment and revenue alternatives have considerably diminished.
Yemen presently has the best variety of individuals in want of humanitarian help of any nation on the planet, with nearly 24 million individuals in want of humanitarian help. This is a rise on final yr, and 2023 predictions are set to extend once more.
Medair has accomplished three rounds of programming to roll out an built-in lifesaving intervention in Al Dhale’e governorate to cut back morbidity and mortality of susceptible and conflict-affected communities. Medair is presently making use of for an extra spherical of BHA funding and has ongoing funding by way of SDC and DRA in Al Dhale’e governorate. Medair is responding to the humanitarian wants of susceptible populations by way of an built-in well being, vitamin and WASH response focusing on susceptible individuals in chosen districts, although these have modified with every spherical of proposals.
Primary maternal and youngster preventive and healing well being and vitamin companies are supplied to ship a complete Minimal Service Bundle, focusing on Main Well being Care Amenities with outreach actions in secondary and tertiary stage areas. WASH actions type an built-in a part of the strategy addressing unsafe water, poor hygiene, and diarrhoea’s aggravating impact on malnutrition. WASH infrastructure at supported well being amenities has been improved to cut back the chance of illness transmission.
Medair strives to guard beneficiaries in all initiatives, upholding the ‘Do No Hurt’ precept. The mission design contains gender and safety mainstreaming elements and a demonstrated accountability to the affected inhabitants.
The consultancy constitutes a number of of the next two elements:
Half 1: Oversee implementation and high quality assurance of the baseline and endline KPC survey.
Half 2: Calculate, analyse, and current the outcomes of the 2023 KPC baseline and endline survey for chosen Well being, Vitamin, and WASH indicators, together with the place applicable making comparisons with the 2022 outcomes. Based mostly on the findings, in collaboration with Medair workers make suggestions on adapting future programming.
Half 1 of the consultancy will happen in Medair’s mission location of Al Dhale’e, Yemen, and be finest delivered by a single guide working intently with the Medair workforce or a pair of consultants. It’s anticipated to require as much as 25 days (topic to ultimate preparations).
Half 2 of the consultancy might be undertaken by the identical guide(s), or individually by a special guide(s). This half may be carried out remotely and doesn’t require journey to Yemen. With Half 1 having been efficiently accomplished, it’s anticipated to require 12-15 working days (topic to ultimate preparations).
The principle steps required for every half are:
- Pre-test survey questionnaire within the area in collaboration with Medair workers
- Evaluation, replace and ship enumerator coaching
- Coordinate and high quality guarantee information assortment throughout the survey timeframe
- Perform any residual information cleansing
- Conduct information evaluation of all required indicators utilizing applicable software program, in relation to the YEM126 and YEM 134 protection areas respectively, whereas making comparisons with the outcomes of the 2022 survey.
- Draft a complete report (following the KPC handbook pointers) that describes the baseline and finish line survey’s outcomes, discusses its findings, together with comparisons over time, and presents suggestions for programme adaptation in session with sectoral workers.
- Full ultimate report.
Anticipated schedule for elements 1 & 2 (Detailed info accessible at Medair’s web site).
Relying on the character of the consultancy (whether or not a world or nationwide consultancy, or a Medair Particular Providers Settlement), the guide might be answerable for:
- Delivering Half 1 and/or Half 2 set out above throughout the specified timeframe
- Acknowledging all information and outcomes produced by the consultancy as owned by Medair and search approval from Medair for any utilization of the outcome out of the outlined ToR.
- Signing and abiding by Medair’s Knowledge Safety Coverage.
- Offering proof of registration as a guide upfront the place that is regular observe within the guide’s nation of residence.
- Gaining applicable journey insurance coverage and adequate vaccination protection
- Abiding by Medair’s safety insurance policies
Relying on the character of the consultancy (whether or not a world or nationwide consultancy, or a Medair Particular Providers Settlement), Medair might be answerable for:
- Masking native and/or worldwide transportation for the needs of Half 1
- Offering an intensive programme and safety briefing previous to the graduation of the work
Consultancy charges and phrases of cost
- The consultancy might be organized both by way of a Medair Particular Providers Settlement or to-be-determined day by day charges.
- A charge might be paid right into a checking account designated by the guide on the profitable completion of Half 1 and/or Half 2 of the consultancy.
Data on the 2023 survey
The Information, Follow and Protection (KPC) baseline and endline family survey will measure standardized well being, vitamin, and WASH indicators for Yemeni populations within the Medair-supported mission areas. The survey will present sturdy endline and baseline information that can inform Medair and donors on progress remodeled the lifetime of the mission, present circumstances, and entry to companies of the goal inhabitants and supply a robust proof base for proposed future programming.
Key indicators to be measured (Detailed info accessible at Medair’s web site).
Whereas earlier surveys have used Lot High quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS), the 2023 survey will use cluster sampling to achieve level estimates at a 95% Confidence Stage, with a 5% margin of error for many of the mission’s key indicators.
The survey might be carried out within the catchment areas of 12 Well being Amenities supported (or to be supported) by Medair throughout 6 Districts in Al Dhale’e., 10 of the Well being Amenities have been supported underneath the YEM126 mission cycle, 7 of which can proceed to be supported underneath YEM134 together with a further 2 Well being Amenities.
The sampling unit might be all moms with kids aged 0-23 months, and 780 questionnaires might be accomplished throughout 30 clusters, representing a cluster measurement of 26 respondents, throughout 26 households.
Sampling will happen in two phases; the choice of clusters, adopted by the identification of eligible households inside them at area stage. In step with BHA necessities, area stage family identification might be carried out utilizing a mix of systematic random sampling and segmentation.
Find out how to apply
For all candidates, the deadline is: Saturday 4th February 2023.
Ought to no certified candidates be recognized inside this timeframe, the deadline could also be prolonged.
Individuals to contact
For Yemen based mostly consultants: email@example.com
For internationally based mostly consultants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this consultancy will come from Medair’s donors, USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Help (BHA) and the Swiss authorities (SDC).
All new deploying worldwide workers to Medair’s nation programmes (and different roles which require area journey) ought to be absolutely vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificates as proof.
Paperwork for candidates to submit
- Curriculum vitae(s)
- Instance(s) of comparable work carried out
- An expression of curiosity, explaining how and why the applicant(s) are finest suited to ship on the work proposed
- A monetary proposal
- Timetable proposal to hold out the service