The Division of Agriculture, Atmosphere and Rural Affairs (DAERA) on-line system for submitting functions for a Nutrient Motion Programme (NAP) derogation in 2023 and the submission of 2022 fertilisation accounts for derogated farms, is now open.
The NAP Derogation is important to some Northern Eire cattle farms with increased stocking charges. Topic to assembly sure nutrient administration and environmental standards, it allows farmers to higher utilise the vitamins inside grazing livestock manures and function extra effectively at the next stocking price.
Farmers are inspired to verify their farm nitrogen loading figures through the Division’s on-line providers DAERA On-line Providers and apply for a derogation if essential. Farmers who intend to use for a derogation, should put together a fertilisation plan for his or her holding by 1 March and hold it up to date in the course of the yr.
For non-derogated farms, data of 2022 natural manure exports should be submitted through DAERA On-line Providers by 31January 2023.
Failure to submit Manure export / Derogation data on time may end in a penalty being utilized to the Fundamental Cost.
Notes to editors:
- The submission deadline date for functions for 2023 NAP Derogations and submission of 2022 data is 23:59 on the 1March 2023. Please be aware that fertilisation plans for 2023 should be ready by the 1March and be accessible on farm from this date.
- For non-derogated farms, data of 2022 natural manure exports should be submitted through DAERA On-line Providers by 31January 2023.
- Having a derogation permits farmers to function as much as a manure Nitrogen Loading restrict of 250 kg N/ha/yr, in comparison with the overall restrict of 170 kg N/ha/yr within the Vitamins Motion Programme. This implies they’ll maximise the usage of manure vitamins on their farm and cut back their use of further chemical fertilisers.
- The CAFRE N Loading Calculator, which is out there at DAERA On-line Providers, can be utilized to calculate a farm’s N Loading.
- The NAP Derogation Steerage 2019-2022, NAP Derogation Fertilisation Plan 2019-2022 and NAP Derogation Fertilisation Account 2019-2022 booklets can be found at: www.daera-ni.gov.uk/nutrientsactionprogramme2019-2022.
- All media queries ought to be directed to the DAERA Press Workplace.
- Observe DAERA on Twitter and Fb.
- The Government Data Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries solely between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays
Share this web page